Here’s a quick tutorial on How to downgrade the iTunes 11 to earlier version of iTunes like iTunes 10.7 on your Mac running Mountain Lion or Lion OS.
Apple‘s iTunes 11 was like the major change ever since iTunes. Even though some people like the new look and working style of the iTunes 11, there are some people who does not like to have the new change with them. So if you’re one of those choosing to downgrade the current iTunes 11 to iTunes 10.7, here are some of the ways to do so.
Even though iTunes 11 came down to the customers are a software update, it can actually be downgraded by following these steps. And its pretty simple. Let’s jump right into the tutorial and see how quickly we can downgrade the iTunes 11 to iTunes 10.7.
How to Downgrade iTunes 11 to iTunes 10.7?
- Use app like AppTrap (Its a system preference script, which when enabled,will help you remove the current iTunes 11 files.)
- Make sure to backup your library before proceeding.
- Now, with AppTrap enabled, Open your Applications folder
- Now, Drag and Drop the iTunes 11 icon in the Applications folder into Trash.
- AppTrap will ask you, if it could delete the associated files of iTunes 11. Just confirm it. And you just got rid of iTunes 11.
- Now, let’s install iTunes 10.7.
- Download iTunes 10.7 for Mac from this link.
- Open the DMG file and Double Click the iTunes.pkg file
- This will install iTunes 10.7 onto your Mac.
Note: This also works without the use of Applications like AppTrap. This method will just help you install iTunes 10.7 as a fresh install.
You can also follow Karthik on Google+ of Facebook or Twitter.