This is an unofficial guide to Unlock your iPhone with any Baseband using the recently discovered SAM Method.
SAM is a powerful tool that helps set the flags on the devices that are facing problem. It has been in the Jailbreak scene for a long time now, and with this new update, it has gone to a whole new level. The SAM tool was used to fix issues with iMessage, FaceTime, Locked Devices and much more of the woes that the users were facing with their iPhones.
Now, the updated tool lets you unlock, (Yes! Unlock) your iPhone with just a few steps. The tool can unlock your iPhone on Any carrier, Any baseband and at any stage, despite the criteria that your device must be Jailbroken. And we have got the tethered and untethered Jailbreaks all around the internet.
So just go ahead, and unlock your device with ease, without any worries. But be sure to check the requirements before you move ahead with this method.
- A Jailbroken iPhone.
- Latest version of iTunes (Get it from Apple.com/iTunes/Download).
- You need to know the carrier to which your device has been locked to. [alert_box type="Info"]To Check that, just go to Settings > About > Copy Model Number. Google for the model number and you’ll know to which carrier you’ve been locked to![/alert_box]
- Install SAM on iPhone. Get it from Cydia, under this repo: repo.bingner.com
- To be extra safe and neat, do a restore, Jailbreak your device as you did before, and then go ahead with this process. This would prevent any regression issues with SAM.
- Insert the SIM in your iPhone (the one you intend to use with it after unlocking).
How to unlock your iPhone with SAM:
The steps are pretty darn straight forward. All you need to do is just follow the steps closely. Its always recommended to have this page open before you do the Magic.
- Fire SAM on your iPhone. It must be there on the home screen after you install it.
- Go to the More Information section, and tap the button marked De-Activate iPhone (clear push)located under the Push Utils category.
- Come back to the main screen of SAM, and make sure that the Enable button is toggled on. Hit theMethod menu, and from the list it shows, select By Country and Carrier option.
- Going back to the main app screen, select the country of the carrier to which your device is locked to, and then proceed to choosing the correct carrier and SIM ID. If there are more than one SIM IDs listed, select any one of them, as this step is based on trial and error.
- Head to More Information and copy the IMSI code listed under SAM Details. There is one under SIM Details as well, but you need to copy the other one.
- Hit Spoof Real SIM to SAM, and then the OK button which is sure to come up.
- Now, go to Method again, and you will observe that the field has automatically been changed toManual. If that isn’t the case, do so yourself.
- Following the previous step will make a few new fields appear below Method. From among these fields, go to IMSI and paste the code you copied in step 5.
- Using your phone’s USB cable, connect it to your computer. Don’t disturb iTunes while it activates the device. Once that has been done successfully, go to your iPhone’s Summary tab and look at the ICCID by clicking the Phone number field. This code should match the ID of your SIM. If that isn’t the case, repeat the whole procedure and this time choose a different SIM ID in step 4.
- Go to SAM and disable it by toggling off the Enable button if all works out well.
- Once all has been done, disconnect and reconnect your phone to iTunes. There might be an error, but it will go away when you restart iTunes.
And, that’s it. It’s that simple. And now you’d have the Unlocked iPhone in your hand! If you are having the No Service message near the signal bars, give it sometime and it would go away. If not, try restarting your iPhone!
You can also follow Karthik on Google+ or Facebook or Twitter.