The Untethered Jailbreak is now out for the public to test and here’s how you could do a Untethered Jailbreak on your iPhone 4 or iPhonr 3GS running iOS 5.0.1.
By this time, you might have been aware that the Untethered Jailbreak by @pod2G has been out for the public and you now can enjoy the Jailbreak flavor on your iOS device without a lot of issues. Thanks to the wonderful effort by @pod2g and others who helped this Untethered Jailbreak to come out.
There are two ways in which you could do an untethered Jailbreak on your iOS device running iOS 5.0.1. One method is by using the Redsn0w and the other method is using the Corona Untether 5.0.1 on your already jailbroked iOS device.
The tutorial is for those who were waiting for the untethered jailbreak to come and are not holding a Jailbroken iOS device in hand! We would be using the updated version of Redsn0w to perform this Jailbreak. Please read the below warnings before going ahead with the Jailbreak!
- Untethered Jailbreak is not available for devices running A5 processors. i.e. The iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
- If you rely on Unlock, stay clear. You need to cook a custom IPSW to get your unlock back. Or you would break the Unlock!
- The Jailbreak is ONLY for iOS 5.0.1. And not for devices running iOS 5.0
How to Jailbreak your iOS 5.0.1 device using Redsn0w:
- Download and Unzip the Redsn0w from here for Mac and here for Windows.
- Put your device in DFU mode and plug it into the Mac or PC.
- Launch Redsn0w and click the First option: Jailbreak and Install Cydia
- The Redsn0w will take care of all the stuffs you need to worry about!
After about 10 minutes, you will have an untethered Jailbroken device in hand! @pod2g has put in a lot of effort in making this happen! Give him some support and make him feel proud for his work!
[alert_box type="Info"]Now that you have a Jailbroken iOS device, you probably want to add some cool apps
for your phone! Check them out here
You can also follow Karthik on Google+ or Facebook or Twitter.