Here’s how you could use the Redsn0w which has bug fixes over an existing Jailbreak. This tutorial will help you Over-write the Jailbreak on an existing Jailbreak!
With the recent release of the Untethered Jailbreak for non-A5 Apple devices by @pod2g, there’s been a burst in the amount of users with a Jailbroken device. In an excitement, many of you would have got the Untethered Jailbreak in the first iteration itself. But as you might know by this time, there’ve been some bugs that would be fixed in the future iteration of Redsn0w. So how can you handle this? Do you really need to restore your iDevice to the non-Jailbreak state or can you use the tool just like that? Let me try to answer your questions!
Jailbreaking is nothing but cracking some internal OS’ code to get us the access to the root folder of your device. This gives us the freedom to install apps that aren’t available on the iTunes App Store and other tweaks that Apple does not encourage, but the ones we love! So lets get straight into the topic!
How to use Redsn0w over an already Jailbroken iOS device?
In this tutorial I will be concentrating on the Redsn0w version from Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 and upward. All that we would be doing is just use Redsn0w to replace the existing Jailbreak code with the new piece of code that has got some bugs fixed!
- Fire up Redsn0w [Make sure you have got the current version of Redsn0w]
- Click on Jailbreak
- Put your device in DFU mode.
- Let the Jailbreak happen.[alert_box type="General"]There might be some cases where the user would face an issue with fetching the IPSE from the Apple‘s servers. If you are facing that issue, just point Redsn0w to the downloaded IPSW manually![/alert_box]
- Now, the Jailbreak codes would have been replaced. And all you have to do is just Uncheck the Install Cydia option in the last menu!
- You will not have an updated Jailbroken device!
You might sometimes face some errors. Don’t panic. Just let the Jailbreak happen on the device! Have Redsn0w open until you are on your home screen!
You can also follow Karthik on Google+ or Facebook or Twitter.