Download & Install Bazaar Marketplace installed on Windows Phone 7 to access Homebrew apps on your Windows Device. With Bazaar, you could install tweaks, customizations and other apps that Marketplace does not accept.
Few hours ago, the XDA Developers forum has this interesting news of a new opportunity for Windows Phone 7 developers with an app like Cydia for iPhone called Bazaar. The app lets you take advantage of the apps that have been rejected from the Microsoft Marketplace due to stringent rules. Bazaar, as told is very similar to Cydia, but for Windows Phone 7 devices.
With Bazaar, you could install tweaks, customizations, apps that have been rejected from Microsoft Marketplace and more. With this tutorial, you will know how to install the Bazaar for Windows Phone 7 on your Windows Phone. Please read through the article carefully before your install this app on your device. The Bazaar comes in the form of an .xap file format, this you first need to install the required files to have Bazaar installed on your device.
How to install XAP files on your Windows Phone 7?
Before we could go ahead and do the installation, please check if you have the following requirements. I’m not posting an Unlock guide for Windows Phone 7 since it might affect the not-so-geeky users.
- A Developer Unlocked Windows Phone 7 device
- Windows Phone Developers Tools installed on your PC. – Help
- Microsoft Zune on your PC – Download
[alert_box type="General"]Currently, Bazaar works only on DFT, NextGen or DeepShining ROMs on your device. This does NOT work on Chevron 7 unlocked phones![/alert_box]
Installing Bazaar on Windows Phone 7:
After you have met the above requirements, you could go ahead with the installation of the Bazaar .xpa file on your Windows Phone device.
[alert_box type="Info"]Have your Phone unplugged before going ahead with these steps![/alert_box]
- Download the Bazaar.xap from here and save it on your Desktop!
- Go to Start > Windows Phone Developer Tools
- Click on Application Deployment
- It would ask you to choose the Target device. Choose your “Windows Phone 7 Device” as the Target
- Now, Select the downloaded Bazaar.xap from Desktop
- Now, Plug in your device to the PC via USB. [alert_box type="Info"]Make sure your phone does not go to sleep![/alert_box]
- Sync your Phone with Zune
- Now, press Deploy button on the Windows Phone Developer Tools.
- The Bazaar should now be installed on your phone.
If you can’t find it, just try restarting your Windows Phone Device and it should show up! Kindly use the comments section to post your queries. I will reply in Real-time!
Here are the list of phones that are running smooth with Bazaar installed on them: [Updated Regularly]
- HTC HD7 – With DeepShining ROM and NextGen ROM
- Samsung Focus 1st Gen model
[alert_box type="Error"]We found that this post has been copied in many other blogs. Kindly show your support by leaving a comment if you find some blogs that has copied this content![/alert_box]
You can also follow Karthik on Google+ of Facebook or Twitter.