Apple released the latest version of iOS 5 beta at WWDC 2011. The iOS 5 comes with a lot of mouth watering features, that will tempt you to update your iDevice. But you will need to have a dev account with Apple to do that.
In case you aren’t happy with iOS 5 on your device, here’s how you can downgrade to iOS 4.3.3.
Note: You will not be able to downgrade your Baseband after you update to iOS 5.
- Download iOS 4.3.3 firmware for your iDevice
- Connect your iDevice running iOS 5 to your computer and switch it off.
- Put your iDevice into DFU mode. Press and hold Home and Power Button together for 10 seconds, after 10 second release power button & keep holding home button for 25 seconds.
- Now, iTunes will show you a popup saying that it has detected an iPhone in restore mode. Click on OK.
- Click the Check for Update button with the Option key (Mac) or Shift key(Windows) key pressed. Now, Select the iOS 4.3.3 IPSW file which you downloaded in Step-1.
- This will initiate the Downgrade process and will installed iOS 4.3.3 signed by the Apple’s server.
Tip: If you are stuck in Receovery Mode, you can use TinyUmbrella (Mac and PC) or Recboot to come out of the recovery loop.
You can also follow Karthik on Google+ of Facebook or Twitter.