If you are too desperate in trying out iOS 5 beta 1 on your device, you are just a few steps away from doing it without a developer account. Apple released its beta versions of iOS initially for the developers to test on their device.
Some people have found that you can activate it even without the dev account. Here’s how you can do.
[alert_box type="Success" icon="No"]
Update #3: iOS 5 beta 2 has been released. And here’s how you can activate it: How to activate iOS 5 beta 2 on your iPhone? [/alert_box]
[alert_box type="General"]Update #1: A user reports that he lost his career signals. I will check what the issue is and get back soon! If you are having some problems with iOS 5, I have posted a guide on how to downgrade your iPhone to iOS 4.3.3.[/alert_box]
[alert_box]Update #2: If you are unable to connect to your network or make phone calls, I’ve posted a detailed explanation on why this happens here.[/alert_box]
Download iOS 5 and Update your device
- Download the iOS 5 IPSW file from the web. We’ve listed the download links already but it’s only for the developer accounts.
- Update your iPhone using iTunes.
Connect your iPhone to your computer, click the Check for Update button with the Option key (Mac) or Shift key(Windows) key pressed. Now, Select the iOS 5 IPSW file which you downloaded in step 1.
- Wait until it upgrades. A new activation screen will appear.
Activating iOS 5 on your device
- Triple click the home button. This will activate the Voice Over.
- Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear.
- Click on Emergency Call and, while it’s switching, swipe with your three fingers down.
- The Notification Center will appear!
- Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
- Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone’s springboard
Let me know if you have some query. Apple will probably fix this in next beta.
You can also follow Karthik on Google+ of Facebook or Twitter.